View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
This wasn't four years after launch, after multiple patches and expansions. This was within the first three months of launch and I was dropping quests within the first week as I got to level 20 and had gray quests that would not be worth my time.
That was down to the fact of different races though rather than an over abundance of clontent. Blizzard needed to have content for each race that eventually joined at some point. This led to lots of low level content. I remember quite clearly the late 30's and early 40's were quite low on playable content.

That having been said, count how many hours you have expended on the game and you will probably think differently. Modern Warfare cost me 40 and was complete in 7 hours of game time, With no replay value other than Spec Ops and online.

We tend to play things we enjoy a lot, not many people can sit down and finish a game from start to finish as quickly as we do and so it some ways we are own worst enemy. Then again, there's very little to do in most of these games. WoW has been out for more than 5 years and all there is at end game is grinding the same locations, amassing fortunes with nothing to spend it on and hoping they release an expansion soon.