Thread: Stonewall Fleet
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
You said:
Quote:
Stonewall Fleet models Gene Roddenberry's vision of a future where all beings are equal and free of prejudice a reality.
I'd like to improve on that and realize Gene Roddenberry's intended vision of the future. Sadly, his vision of a future where discrimination doesn't exist was flawed from conception since he and the producers stated early on that there would be no gay characters in Star Trek. Yes, it's true. There was a very conscious and deliberate decision that gay people would not be present in the Star Trek universe.

To give him some credit, he did start changing his thinking and agreed to have a gay character in the 2nd or 3rd season of TNG, but passed away before he could realize it. And to this day, the producers still forbid any gay characters from appearing on the show. So much for their vision of a nondiscriminatory future.

That said, I'm a gay 50-year-old male living in the U.S.A. who would love very much to be a part of a GLBTI(Q) fleet. If Paramount and the producers won't let gay people be part of the Star Trek universe, then it's up to us fans.

I'll check out the website as to how to join.