View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vobe
I can't hate someone for scoring a good kill. But it does bother me that someone can pull off that much damage. I mean we are literally talking about dealing roughly 60,000 damage in just a few seconds, on someone with good resistances and other defensive stuff in play. Spike damage or not, that is one hell of a spike.

On the other hand, one of my teammates in a Negh'Var ended up in a stalemate duel with a Science ship. Neither was making any progress in the fight. It only ended because I happened across their fight and helped to destroy the science ship. Apparently, that science player sent a bunch of nasty tells to my friend, because I helped him. But the truth was, that fight wasnt going anywhere, and my friend was happy to finally get out of it.

The point I am making here is that certain offensive and certain defensive abilities need to be toned down. They are just too overboard.
My usual tactic against carriers is to burn their shields down with cannons, tractor them when half the shield is down, pump an aux battery in, hit subnucleonic beam, and then fire a tricobalt torp through the hole and follow up with HYT2. Usually equals a dead carrier.