View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTennent
Iím a bit of a closet trekkie it has to be said but not a major one. And this is my first MMO, I did try WoW for five minutes and decided that it was a load of poo.
truer words have never been spoken. as a counterpoint to myself vanilla WoW and Burning Crusade were alright, the overall suck factor has increased 10 fold since late BC though. basically they ended up ****ing on everyone that has played previous to 2009 in an effort to make more money in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTennent
The ground combat sucks though, I donít much enjoy it and I always find someone to join me on ground missions just so the bloody things finish quicker.
i find this to be true simply because it has so much to live upto in comparison to the space combat. which happens to be very epic and lovingly crafted.

however, if you enjoyed City of Heroes or Champions Online, the ground combat should be semi-enjoyable because it is a direct rip out of those games.

the only thing that i am worried about in this game is a lack of endgame content. since that is where most of my time will be spent i would like to see something as new and exciting as the rest of this game.

at this time, it is my opinion that STO is a fantastic game and gets better the more you get into it. also if you are at any rate a trekie READ THE QUESTS. the things that are going on in this universe are effing mind blowing at times.

that is all.