View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 163
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
An update for anyone having problems with the interact window command....if you map that command to the start button, it will work, even if the prompt comes up on the side of the screen during combat. One press will bring it to the center of the screen and another will activate it. Usually pressing the "A" button will work to loot each individual item once you have the loot window open.
Interesting. I have it mapped to A. I wonder why mine isn't acting properly all the time. A button is a button...

Quote:
Another annoying thing is the inability to move successfully with the joystick in crowded places like starbases or memory alpha or even ground fleet actions like Breaking the Planet. Having to switch back to mouse and keyboard for that mission is extremely annoying and does much to hamper my enjoyment of the ground combat. Any breakthroughs on this issue will be tremendously appreciated.

Also, has anyone figured out how to roll in any direction other than forward using the controller?
Both of these may be related to the binds. are you using the default ability to move when you plug the controller in, or have you remapped to the stick? (remapping to the stick eliminated both issues for me.)

Quote:
And Raymond, I see on your layout, you have power settings mapped as alt presses on your d-pad. I could not find those commands in the keybind menu, how did you find them? FYI, I'm using the chat commands to map my layout, don't have X-Padder or anything like that.
They were either in the OP's post in this thread, or I found them in the beta version of this post that is now lost to the internet... they're specific command lines that I simply copied and pasted.