View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2010, 01:10 PM
ZenBrillig, Shingi,

Again, I appreciate the responses and I know that what you are talking about is in line with certain particular "adjustments" that they are planning on making to a particular game mechanic. What I'm trying to address is the need to get a massive DEV response (I think it is great that a player is compiling this on their own time, I'm not sure a customer should be gathering all of this together for the developer. In fact, they really should not have to) that counters what is going on now.

Champions and Star Trek are probably two of my most favorite genres as a kid. I grew up in the 80's and after playing pnp rounds of Champions while 5-6 of us battles through a mission with great fun, we'd probably head back and watch some old episodes and later the TNG. It is extremely difficult to bring these to the computer game arena, some say almost impossible. ST has tried it for over 20 years and I can count on one hand the number of "good" games. The rest are trash. Champions is absolutely massive in the game system itself and no one even touched it.

They need to understand that they bear heavy burdens not only in carrying the licenses but creating a polished, content-rich game that enlists the HELP and ASSISTANCE of the genre creators as well as the fans.

If they do this alone, they will certainly fail.