View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Despite my love and support for this game, I'll go on record as saying "Divide et Imperia" is a poorly written mission. By the end of the first room, you realize what is going on and your choices are either to continue with killing Romulan doctors and medics or drop the mission. While some say "drop the mission", doing missions you don't feel like doing isn't very "Star Trek-y" either and ruins any sense of immersion in the universe.

Some of the absolute best Trek ("Pegasus", "In the Pale Moonlight") has often been about doing what's right in the face of evidence, pressure and overwhelming odds against you. At its best, Trek appeals to the better nature of humanity and the desire for a brighter future. If the intent was to give us a moral dilemma, then this mission is a failure, because to have a dilemma we have to have a choice in-game. Avery Brooks didn't get to say "Cut! Sisko wouldn't do this, so I'm not going to do it either." and "drop" the DS9 episode "In the Pale Moonlight", and we shouldn't get the chance to either.