Thread: epic failure
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
Secondly, I wasn't aware you were a paying customer yet. Last I knew, the 30-days wasn't up yet.
While I don't agree with all of the OP's comments, I find this comment to be tiresome. Anyone who bought the game IS a paying customer. He's paid for the game and his first month. To follow this reasoning, anyone who's bought a Lifetime subscription (like me) would no longer be considered a "paying customer" after 16 months since they would effectively be paying for free. Would I suddenly have no right to comment on the game?

While overall I am enjoying the game (I play about 3 times a week for a few hours), I do find that the missions are very repetitive.

Craig Z is on record talking about the robust nature and strength of the Genesis system, but from what I have seen of it to date, all it does it take a bunch of options (mission type, setting, ground vs space, critters), throw it all into a hat and then pull out one of each. But the fact that there are only really three types of missions to draw from, still makes for a repetetive system.

I really would like to hear from someone from Cryptic so they could explain how they feel they can expand upon the options of the Genesis engine besides just playing "Boggle" with a bunch of limited mission options.

Cheers!
Defender_of_the_Paying_Customer_Canuck