Thread: epic failure
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrayl View Post
First, the story is best described as hackneyed, they use a poorly defined "war" which is used as a justification for everything, and ignore forty years of Star Trek as a series in favor of "shoot first, shoot second, forget trying to figure out if it's necessary" script writing. Many of the missions reflect a distinct lack of consideration for the history and attitudes of the Star Trek franchise, as evidenced in missions where the player, playing the role of a Starfleet Officer is pushed into slaughter and murder to accomplish a series of trite and cliche' goals.

I am unimpressed. Quite a few people are flat out -angry- by the use of the Star Trek name in conjunction with a mediocre plot.

Second, the moment he/she picked up the game, paying retail price for the disc or download, he/she was a paying customer, and you are ignorant to suggest otherwise.

Third, I've never picked up an MMO in my life -at launch- where I could be done with all of their content in less than a month's time, and I have played everything from cheap Korean grinders to the two biggest names in the history of the genre.

pretty much sums up my feelings rather well. I am just shocked that they could release an MMO with so little content, it just seems criminal, how can you sell an MMO like this and expect people to pay a subscription fee? there's nothing to *do* when you hit max level. I never ran out of things to do at max level in another other MMO i've played.