View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 54 Brilliant!
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I am SO GLAD someone is thinking of this stuff, because I have been dying at Rear Admiral...

I have been delaying my storyline missions so far (I don't want it to end!) in lieu of doing exploration missions. Is it just me, or have "Exploration" missions gotten even LESS about exploration as the ranks increase? I seem to remember Commander and Captain nebulae having MUCH more non-combat missions than the Rear Admiral nebulae, but maybe that's just me...

Anyway, I spend hours zipping through a nebula in my Star Cruiser, popping in and then immediately out of unknown systems for one reason: they are 75% (in my experience) combat related.

Before you flame me, know that I have done ALL of the combat missions (considering there are only 7-8, over and over again) several times, and I'm just at the point where I don't want to do them anymore!

They take too long, and for my purposes, which do not include leveling (YAY SKILL CAP!), the rewards are meager compared to non-combat missions. It takes LESS time to warp in, drop the combat mission mission, warp out, rinse, and repeat SEVERAL TIMES until I find a non-combat mission than it does just to do the combat missions sometimes.

So, tl;dr is this: GREAT IDEA! For those of us looking for either immersion or just exploration marks, I wouldn't be opposed to completely deleting the XP bonus for non-combat missions, either.