View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metricsimpleton View Post
I read through most of the thread and I can see some people already mentioned that the box states that a subscription is required (something you should always read before opening the box to obtain the retail key... even in a situation like this where your account was already created and the game already installed.)

In addition to the box, the TOS (terms of service) state that a subscription is required, and subscriptions have been common in MMO's since the late 1990's.

Also, the main web page, and the launcher, have both had blurbs on them talking about a lifetime subscription to the game.

I know it sucks to not find the support you hoped to find. That is what we all want when we feel wronged and admitting that something is partially our own fault is tough. But that is life. If you read the box, the TOS (which you agreed to), the forums, the launcher, or the web site you would have seen mention of a subscription being required.

What else can Cryptic do?
Blah blah blah.... exactly what cryptic did. Redeem the retail key of my Collectors Edition and allow me to play. They've redeemed my key, with a customer pending thingy for my subscription. So i can save the prepayed card i've bought yesterday and serve my 30 days in peace.

Thanks Cryptic. Good to know you actually care for your customers and listen to their complaints. AND ACTUALY DO SOMETHING FOR THEM TOO!

You're great cryptic. You've proven your hearts to me and i'll tell everyone who cares to hear it!

Warp one.... engage