View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparquis
Tell us the exact damage modifier or how much DPS we get if we spec into certain weapons. Give us access to data that would help us theorycraft on skills and understand more deeply how they work. Otherwise we are shooting darts in the dark hoping the skills we pick will be useful.
Personally, I'd like to play an MMO that never showed you any nubers except where it makes sense realistically. How much "damage" does a pistol do in real life? How much health do you have in real life? What is your real life Charisma or Endurance rating? What is the value of your car driving skill?

Obviously a game has to work with numbers because it's a piece of software. I just wish someone would come up with a game that didn't expose these numbers to the players...

Anyway, most of the information you want is available through your own research and the research already done by other players. I thought part of the fun of min/maxing was figuring out how it all works... but you want them to just give it all away so you don't have to do any work?