View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxin View Post
No thanks. I am not interested in playing an FPS, especially if in a PVP situtation. FPS combat all boils down to who keeps moving the most and who gets lucky. I find nothing more ridiculous and unrealistic than people charging out into an open area under heavy fire and winning simply because they jumped around a lot. Add in lag and other factors, and no thanks to the FPS suggestion. Besides, every early SWG vet is likely twiching over the idea of turning ground combat into an FPS game because of the NGE.

As far as scan missions go, they simply need to add variety. Make it so you have to avoid locals to honor the prime directive while you locate your objectives. Make it so you have to scan from multiple points to zero in on your objective rather than beaming down on the first one. Make it so that you have to find spots where interference is not blocking your scan, and so forth. But beam down to scan one item they zone you in next to and beam back up? That, I would find boring. No thanks.

Besides, bear in mind that there are a lot of people who would like to see more diplomatic and other non-combat missions. Much of the attempted justification (like referring to the mission at that one bar as murdering innocent bar patrons) is way over the top, but the underlying request is perfectly valid. Star Trek is more than just pure combat.
/Agree , I never played Pre-NGE in SWG but the PVP does suck, thats why i left, after hitting lvl cap you had nothing to do