View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Actually the terrain is really nicely done in this game they have hills tree things boxes in bases and lots of stuff to take cover behind. It would be a lot of fun to play on the ground maps with an fps setup. Sadly itís not what we have. All I can figure is that what was planned for when they made the maps is very different for what it came out looking like. Half the maps are destructive as hell to game play when you take the pathing into account. I think Iíve only been on 1 or 2 maps that didnít take me having to go back though doors or walk some bo though something because they get stuck.

I donít know how many times Iíve said this but all the options for a soft fps like tabula rasa had minus the cover system is in champions. The game supports quick mouse targeting and you can bind your fire primary and secondary to your mouse.

To all the guys that say they donít want an fps because itís hard to target a moving mob or person. Itís not that bad you can setup champions to let you mouse over who you want to shoot and the target will stay stuck on them for a while even if you arenít facing them for a bit. It all depends on how you set it up.

so hereís a video Iíve posts Iíd say like 10 times now that illustrate some of what you can do with champions and can be done here if they devs would just put the options in. yes the video is melee but its works just as well if not better with a munitions character (a guy with guns). Champions also has an option that lets you use melee abilities whether youíre targeting the right guy. Like an old style hack and slash if you hit his hit box with your swing heís taking damage. Its already kinda does that with some attack like the spin kick and some of the bat-sword stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Oe3KezBUU

Smarter aiís would be great so would faster refire rates on the guns. Basically the pacing if off on top of the control problems. It would be nice to see an option for passing change like the way you have harder and easier on city of heroes. 1 is wow style close to a turn based game what we have now. 2 is paced closer to an fps faster refire rate smarter mobs that look for cover and dart in and out of it and everything dies quicker including you if youíre not careful.