View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyluryn
It isn't my first most frustrating thing about the ground game but they do seem to be much to big and a couple of them put a load on the machines of everyone in the area.
Hey, if simplifying the graphics for these generators makes them less processor overhead intensive, I'm all for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Well you could always turn round drop it and then turn back.
I'm well aware of this. I'm also aware that it takes a few seconds of waiting before my avatar spins around to point in a new direction so as to plant the fabricated generator "behind" me ... precious seconds that are rarely "free" once combat has been initiated (especially while on Fleet Action Ground maps!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Secondly you can always hit target nearest enemy key.. or just dobble click the fire button in your toolbar which automatically selects and fires at your nearest enemy. I only manually select a target on rare occasons.
All of which I am actually doing ... simply because such things are the ONLY means left to me to control my targeting of hostiles when I can't see what's in front of me. The problem is, that means I'm not being immersed in the game environment ... thus reducing both the thrill and the drama of playing the game while in combat.

It's the difference between watching the TV and watching the Radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
First thing I do in any game I install is to turn off 'bloom', it's the most overutilized thing by most games. It should be restricted to things like 'dream sequences' and in boxing games out when you've just being punched in the face by Mike Tyson, that's IT.
And I agree with you wholeheartedly. Hence why I'm asking Cryptic to remove the unnecessary video bloom lighting effect from the graphics sets of the fabricated generators. It's unnecessary *and* unhelpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I simply have BOs make the generators, problem solved.
So do I.
I'm also an Engineering Profession captain. I can make generators too.

Doesn't change the fact that ANY generator fabricated by ANYONE is damn annoying to be crouched behind due to the current graphics, lighting and hit box size issues on these things.