View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Well, since this is as close to constructive feedback as I've seen in this thread, I guess I'll respond to this one.

I'm pretty sure there are many like me, who blew through all the PvE content with no difficulty at all. I only died three times. Twice on the ground to Guard Captains, and once in space when I let the AI kill me because I spawned inside of an object and couldn't move. I might have died once more, to a Swordmaster zerg...I'm not sure.

At any rate, I would be OVERJOYED to help other people develop the ability to trounce PvE content. It is not hard, once you get it down.

As for PvP...you are correct, the point in PvP is to kill and die multiple times. So, perhaps Death Penalties should be suspended in PvP. Personally, I've given up on PvP, as at T5 it is only Crowd Control. If the viable tactics are diversified in the future, I might return to it.

At any rate, the WoW DP is slightly annoying, as it is a time sink. However, I've never found it a problem. Especially in late game, when you rarely have to run back to your corpse, due to players knowing the right way to wipe. When I have had to run back, I've actually found the short time helpful, as it gives me a bit to clear my thoughts, and try to come up with ways to get around whatever wiped us.

I suspect there are more than 9 people "pushing" for it. I have merely offered a suggestion on a light and painless form of Death Penalty. Me PERSONALLY, couldn't care less either way, so long as it isn't anything close to the pain of EvE's system. EvE death penalty is the realm of sadists and masochists, and would be financial suicide for Cryptic to implement anything close to that level of cruelty.

I'm trying to present constructive feedback. I'm sure you can find true whining and complaining posts around here, with a simple and short look.

Perhaps making Death Penalty a part of the difficulty slider? So at the current low difficulty, there would be no penalty, but at higher levels the penalty would exist.

See? CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. Not that hard. :p
I'm so glad you didn't take my post as trolling as I could have been more constructive.

I agree with everything said. If it were optional or dependant on a difficulty slider, that I could agree with. Whole heartedly. But I'd rather not the game be made harder for me, as I have a family and come to games for fun, not just challenge. I guess I'm just afraid that Cryptic will be like SOE and take every bit of feedback and continue to change the game until it becomes a completely different game than what we bought.

thats ultimately what I'm afraid of