View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethlas
You want a death penalty? Feel you just can't live without suffering if you die? Dismiss a bridge officer when you fail to survive an encounter if it will make you feel better. Can't stand not losing system performance upon the destruction of your ship? Pull some systems from the ship layout to your inventory and feel the inefficiency! Heck for that matter delete them! Want to scourge your energy credit balance for your ship's untimely demise? Go to the exchange, buy something for a few hundred thousand (million?) credits then sell it back to an NPC.

Do what ever you want to yourself to enhance YOUR game enjoyment but stay the heck out of MY game play enjoyment. Time sink death penalties waste what little play time I have. I'm not paying to sit and twiddle my thumbs while my performance penalty expires. Likewise for an Energy Credit death penalty. I pay to play this enjoyable game to relaxe, have fun and lament that nothing like this existed in my youth. :p

And no, I don't die very often, but I play with my wife, and we get to play maybe a couple hours a night if we're lucky. Don't waste our time with death penalties. There is plenty of death and taxes in the real world to have to deal with it in the virtual world.
A-F**kn-men