View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Too many holds + the whole expose/exploit mechanic makes for some frustrating PvP I agree.

On my Science guy, I have one hold and something like five or six expose attacks (weapons not included), most of them AoE. I don't even bother to shoot people, I just mash Tachyon Harmonics, Stasis Field, Hyperonic Radiation, Tricoder Scan, Neural Neutralizer and the Nanoprobe thingy until someone gets exposed then I do a double Split Beam Rifle attack. People die, yay me.

It's effective but not that fun honestly.

The worst thing is that it negates any skill involvement ; sometimes I find myself in a tough situation with low HP or against a guy who's just plain better than me but I just get an expose proc and it doesn't matter if my enemy actually deserved to win, I get away with another one-shot kill under my belt.

The whole "let's spam rifle butt until expose" is also a magnificient strategy, I seriously cannot understand how this thing isn't on a cooldown already.

And let's not even get started on ground weapon balance, the fact that 99.9% of the high level ground PvP players are exclusively using Split Beam Rifles is surely a coincidence, right ?