View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Posted from that link:

Hello everyone,

You may have noticed some changes have been made around here today. After much discussion and deliberation with senior staff here at Atari the decision has been made to close the community chat forum. As of late the community chat has been a forum full of controversy and repeated violations of the forums terms of use. This decision was not made to punish any individuals or groups for past or current actions, but was more focused on the growing concerns regarding the more mature nature of some of the posts made within this community.

Our aim in taking this action is not to drive our users away from this forum as we value all our community members, but we do wish to make this a friendlier environment where anyone can join in discussions without worry.

In regards to moderators within this forum, that will be discussed with our staff and then handled appropriately. If you wish to comment on this topic or have concerns feel free to send me a pm and I will do what I can to field your questions.

Please be assured that this decision was made in the best interest of the overall community and we look forward to your continued participation here on the Atari.com forums!

Thank you,

Implausible
Atari Inc. Staff
in before they do it here