View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
PvE:
1 month to develop a map that we play through in a day. The enemies never change, so if you've done it once, you've seen everything it will ever have to offer you.

PvP:
1 month to develop a map that we can play hundreds of times with different results because the enemies are always different.

I don't understand the business sense in continuing to develop Klingon PvE. It will always take them ages to design, implement and test a mission that most of us will probably do somewhere between 0-5 times before we're bored with it. PvP content has so much more replayability.
Quoted for truth. It's lthe same concept with fighting and first person shooter games. I know many people that own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and have never completed the campaign mode even once; they strictly play online only.

Or the Super Smash Bros franchise. I know several people that have not even touched the single story mode once, though it is obvious that the programmers are trying to put much more effort into developing the story mode through each new installment.

Instead of changing the KDF faction to resemble more of a Federation variant by developing PvE content, it would be interesting if the PVP aspects of the KDF faction were developed instead.