View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

I have yet to reach that rank. I am in no hurry to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

Not applicable

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

I do not take part in any content that requires or strongly encourages grouping with people I am not familiar with, nor do I PvP. As such I cannopt speak to this.

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

I find the need for combat at almost every turn to be distasteful, however I will say ground combat at least seems to be more immersive and have many more tactical options.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

This is not Star Trek. It is a simple shooter with a Star Trek skin and I find it very difficult to immerse myself properly given this. I believe more effort put into missions that challenge my mind instead of my spacebar would be in order.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

It absolutely has not lived up to my expectations. Having said that I will most likely be playing in six months if only because of friends and the hope that it will evolve in a direction I will find satisfactory.

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

See above.

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

Not counting Champions Online, I was playing both City Of Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies. I remained in CoH only because of a highly developed social community, and SWG because it was, in fact returning slowley to pre-NGE gameplay. Too little too late, I'm afraid, since everyone I had known and enjoyed RPing with was gone.