View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

I'm still only halfway through Captain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

I'm enjoying the trip so far. I love the graphics. I don't really love the carnage. I expect to blow up a ship here and there and occasionally vaporize ground enemies, but the huge amount of slaughter isn't very Federation-like. Some alternatives to mass death would be nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

No, I don't.

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

I enjoy both. The space combat is great, but I don't get to see my character. The ground combat could use some work, but it's still fun for me, and I get to see my character.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

If you're going to throw all those anomalies at me, please make the crafting worthwhile. I've given up on it. The minor upgrades to very limited equipment items aren't worth the inventory space the data items take up, or the trip to Memory Alpha. Allow us to create a wide variety of items rather than upgrading a few existing items. Also, let us know (in the game) what it takes to get to the next crafting contact. I haven't gotten past the first contact, and I don't plan to at this point.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

Yes to both. I bought the game knowing that I that the current content can keep me going for a couple years.

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

PvE content for Klingons and Romulans. Also, although I don't expect to ever see it (Cryptic being cryptic), I would greatly like to see much better skill/ability descriptions in the game. Plus, more boot options for the Klingon faction.

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

I am still playing City of Heroes, which is my all time favorite game. I don't plan to leave it.