View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

Something like 3-3 1/2 weeks, I didn't really mark it in my calendar or anything .

I have a Lt. for the sole purpose of playing with a friend when he's around, and a Captain (just hit Captain) I was playing with to try being an engineer (although not lately, the players I met in game that I was running with haven't been on in over a week).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

It was good. I enjoyed the missions; certain ones more than others (City on the Edge of Never for example.) If I was getting bored, I'd do some fleet actions, exploration, or enemy contacts. There's still room for more variety though.

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

I did a little PvP. I've never been much into pvp honestly, just something I'll play sometimes when the mood stikes me. Fleet actions are fun, can't wait for it to be level separated. The Raidisode...well I'll wait for more of my fleet to be ready before I try it again I think haha.

For improvements, I don't think I've had enough experience with Pvp or Raid to really say anything worth while. For fleet actions, I'd like to see more of them more than anything.

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

If I had to choose, I'd say space combat. Ground combat feels so loose to me. Space combat feels very much tuned and polished in compairison.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

Nothing glaringly specific, just all the little glitches and bugs added together is my biggest problem.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

Overall I'd have to say no. Firstly, the game ended up being far more arcadey than I expected. Now, that's not really a bad thing, I actually kind of like that.

Ship customization was nothing like I thought. Really it ammounts to three ships, mix and match parts. Throw on some paint. I swear I saw a saucer in a video before the game came out that I still haven't seen any where. What I'm saying is, I thought it would be more about, here's your class, you can pick many different parts.

The Alien creator is a lot more light weight that I thought it would be... But it's still light years beyond most MMO character options I've seen.

As for playing in six months, I'm not exactly sure if I'll be playing after this next month. I'm sort of in a wait and see what happens mindset at the moment.

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

Ship interiors... Something more to the bridge (really it equates to a doll house at the moment)... Klingon campaign/PvE/whatever you want to call it... More ship customization/ship class...

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

Ummm, last one was WOW I guess. But that was almost a year ago. I'm not the biggest MMO player ever. I didn't quit for this. STO was just on my radar since Perpeptual had it.