View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

It took me all of a whopping five days, playing at a casual pace, with a wife & full-time job and social commitments. I did it with hardly any team action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

No. It was tedious and repetitive - either endless PEW PEW PEW, or warp in, destroy x number of x, scan x items, repeat x number of times, beam down, kill x hordes of enemies, wave tricorder x times, kill x hordes of enemies again, beam up, destroy x number of x, repeat ad nauseum, warp out. Any high points there might have been have long been forgotten and overshadowed by the lows.

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

No. See above.

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

Neither. I'm sick of combat at this point. Other than waving your tricorder, that's all there is to do in this sewer of a game.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

The entire game is a problem. Firing the entire development team, at least another year of retooling, and Blizzard Entertainment intervening would benefit the game the most. But we all know none of that's going to happen.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

Question #1: Absolutely not!
Question #2: Absolutely not!

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

I will repeat myself: firing the entire development team, at least another year of retooling, and Blizzard Entertainment intervening would benefit the game the most. But again, we all know none of that's going to happen.

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

A text-based MMO called 'Federation.' It's infinitely better than STO and has been around since the 80s. Still going strong. Much stronger than this travesty. I haven't quit it. I joined this community because I actually thought this game would be worth playing. But now I intend to contest the purchase with my credit card company on grounds of a fraudulent sale, and by all indications, those who have attempted to do so have been successful.

FAIL, Cryptic, FAIL.

Adios.