View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I think when this question was asked, Cryptic did not understand what was being asked:

Rienen: Many Klingon players are concerned about the lack of purpose in the current PVP system and what it means to the future of the Empire. Are there any plans to provide a more meaningful PVP system, such as "Open PvP" zones or capturable systems/planets/starbases that would then provide faction bonuses and rewards for holding?
I don't think it would be likely that we will ever allow the Klingons to invade Earth Space Doc as a random open world event. PvP in STO will always be consensual.

The person asking the question did not ask if Klingons could attack Earth. They asked for an open Pvp zone. My understanding is that a sector could be created with planets that Fed and Klingons could fight for control over. It would be "consensual" because players would not have to go there if they did not want to. The captured system could give bonuses (at least in that one sector) to the controlling faction. This would not involve Earth or Qos'nos.

-Keppoch