View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
My two complaints / concerns revolve around two things that were answered in the Ask Cryptic.

Quote:
HyenaZERO: Female Gorn? Ever?

Probably not.
Why not? So we've never seen a female Gorn, Lethean or Nausicaan before but I'm sure there are females that want to play the female version of those races. Every race should have male and female counterparts. No it doesn't have to be a dinosaur with boobs.. there are ways to differentiate gender that go beyond the generic features on the body.

Quote:
Chaktak: Will we see any other ships and clothing added to our faction, so an Orion can be made to look like one, and actually be able to fly an Orion ship? Right now the other side races in the Klingon faction seem to be all Klingon step children. And it would add greatly to immersion if the other races were more stand alone, if you know what I mean.

It has been considered, but right now it is more important to offer more customization to the existing Klingon ships. I donít think Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn are anymore stepchildren to the Klingons then Vulcans, Andorians or Bajorans are to the Federation. That being said, one of the things we want to do is add more ship types at the end game. There is no reason some of those ships can't be Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn ships for the Klingon side.
Wait... so if the Orions, Nausicaans, and Gorn aren't stepchildren to the Klingons anymore... why do we fight their ships for entire 'first season' of the game? There's no way the Klingons would have as much resources as the Federation and I think they would probably turn to those other species to help bolster their ship armada.. to be honest I don't think the Klingons would really care what ship you're in whether it be Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion or Klingon... as long as you kick some Federation ass..

The excuse to not include these ships is very lame and should be rethought. MANY people want those ships as part of the Klingon Faction. Please for the love of all that is good or Klingon... I don't even play the Klingons most of the time.. but please look into other games that are successful to see how a two faction system works.

/end rant and Tellarite nerd rage.