View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-06-2010, 06:13 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

N/A .. I am commander 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

Highpoint: forming a fleet of 50-60 very excited players strong in the first few days of the game
Lowpoint: watching that fleet devolve into a handful of players who login maybe 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or two per session

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

I partake in fleet actions.. If you can get a good PUG they are fun. I'd prefer to do them with my fleet and my friends, however lack of interest in the game has killed my fleet, and ridiculous instance mechanics (everything is a PUG) makes it doing it with my friends impossible, since we're always tossed in with (up to 20) randoms who run off in all directions firing wildly

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

I think I am one of the minority who enjoy both equally. I think they are both genuinely fun.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

Instance Management: things like, running fleet actions with a closed group, repeating episodic content on varying difficulty levels, having *more* in some instances, like missions to do on Vulcan, Andoria, etc.. Beyond that, more content, and more VARIED content is what this game is missing the most.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

It has not lived up to my expectations at all. I was very dissappointed that this is such a simplistic game. coming from Wow, EVE and SWG, I expected more.. Yes those were 7 years old, however, at launch they undeniably had more depth to them.

I think I will still be playing in 6 months, probably at the same rate I do not (for a few hours a week) .. I think Cryptic genuinely does want to deliver more content, and varied content and will hit the ground running over the next 6 months. However, I dislike that this game is always going to appeal to the 'lowest common denominator / we wouldn't want to upset anyone with a marginally difficult to grasp game mechanic', which means it will never be more than a casual MMO to me.. I grew up playing simulators such as IL-2, MS Flight Sim, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, and prefer a game that has some measure of complexity to it.. STO has none. .. However it does scratch my 'space cowboy' itch, so I will continue to play it (and I'm already locked into a lifetime sub... If I wasn't, I would consider dropping it, as though fun, it's not 15 dollars a month fun)

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

More instance options (see above), an opt-in open world PVP system, fleet space stations and just more DEPTH and complexity overall.. SWG and EVE were fun because you had to figure stuff out.. STO hands you everything on a plastic spoon.

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

I don't 'quit' games.. I get bored of them, shelf them, and go back to them if i find myself remembering having fun playing them..

MMO's I have 'left' are WoW and EVE, simply because I played them to death.

MMO's I currently play are SWG (re-activated after 4 years away.. having lots of fun) Allods online (yay for spaceships with player crews!) DDO (instancing options done right) and Earth and Beyond (the grandpappy of all space MMO's, brought back from the dead) .. Since all of those are free with the exception of SWG, I just kinda jump around between them from day to day.. I can't stand playing the same game day in and day out, even if it means it will take me a year to hit cap