View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I don't see how you can say that unless you think the PvE is terrible as well because you simply don't like this game's mechanics.

The PvP in this game is good in the sense that the basic mechanics are sound. The actual mechanics of players fighting each other in ground combat could use tweaking but it's good. The actual mechanics of ships fighting ships is something I find enjoyable.

What sucks is the content: 5v5 deathmatches and tiny capture-and-hold maps where you can fly across the whole thing in just a few seconds. It's very, very shallow, basic arena combat. Just like Kahless Expanse is terrible PvE content because it's nothing but a bland room of random killing, Cracked Planet is terrible PvP content for the exact same reason.

PvP needs real content.

It needs bigger maps, connected maps, things that move from area to area and take more than 15 minutes to do.

It needs story and progression.

Building good PvP content is a lot like building good PvE content. So I don't want to hear about Cryptic spending a lot of time building episodic PvE content for Klingons when they've barely spent time at all on our PvP content. Build us some REAL PvP content and then let's talk again about whether or not the PvP sucks.
And I could answer the same "build some real PVE content and then we can talk about whether PVE sucks", it is not good looking at this from one perspective though, most people either want PVP as that's all they are really interested in or they want PVE for the same reason, a GOOD game needs a mix of both so all parties are catered for and the company profits.