My Distaste for Infected!
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by
No luck so far. About 15 hours of trying to kill the queen and still can't manage it. I have no idea how these '4 man no healer' groups are doing it.
Tactical = close combat and squad leader kits, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least).
Engineer = fabrication kit, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least).
Sceince = healer kit, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least).
Clearing the rooms/corridors.
1. Get your tactical dudes to kill the nodes while wearing "close combat specialist IX kits as the motion accelerator buff means they can retreat after the node is dead.
2. Kill one node at a time and fall back dont rush and try to kill both if theres 2 in a room, fall back to a corner or door way where your medic and engineer should he waiting (as they do not have the hold debuff option)and fight using the corners ect for cover,
is great as it blocks you from being swarmed by loads of drones.
3. Dont be afraid to fall back to a new position as you will get over run now and again, your engineer and medic should always be at the back of the group.
4. Moving out of the cover of a corner or door way to fire or using them to narrow the amount of drones you can see (and can see you) instead of standing in the open like a idiot will allow you to kill without taking bags of incoming fire, as well as giving you the option to move fully out of sight with a few steps and recharge/heal.
5. Repeat until all rooms are clear.
Killing the queen
1. Clear all corners and kill the drones in them, you will need to kill each drone twice but knocking them into the plasma makes it quick, the use of force field here is cool as well as it pushes them off or at least to the edges if used correctly and placed in the right position.
2. Do not upload the virus and after you have picked a corner to fight the queen prepare by having your tactical guys put on their squad leader kits and make sure you have all your buffs and hypos/shield charge slots filled.
3. Spawn the queen and if you prefer get a tactical guy to attack her with a batleth as this seems to make her focus on him and not spam AOE effects (that is not fully confirmefd but it seems to work).
WATCH YOUR OWN SHIELDS/HEALTH
, having a medic is good but its up to you to help yourself with heals and shield charges so dont be lazy and expect only to fire your gun.
5. Having 2 guns (one in each of your slots) means that if you switch after a special attack you get more special attacks more quickly due to them not having a global count down.
Folow these steps and you will likely kill her the first time and be worthy to do numfars dance of victory..
4 dudes no medic doing numfars dance of victory!! img:
Full 5 man team fraps of the queen kill, inc numfars victory dance!!!: