View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Meh. I don't think there would be much skill in a 1 on 1 "bat'leth only" fight. You'd have two players sitting at keyboards basically mashing "1", "2" and "3" and that would largely be the extent of available strategy and tactics.

A better tournament would be 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 team play with full use of kits and captain abilities, but where the only weapon you can use is the bat'leth.

Then you have real skill coming into play -- teamwork, heals, holds, snares, buffs, debuffs, etc. Much of what makes ground combat interesting and skillful is teamwork and kit usage, not weapon selection.
Putting the tournament mechanic in as a whole is part of the idea. For myself, talking about Bat'leth's only, is because I absolutely freaking loath that a sci officer can fart and put a root and stun on you in ground pvp. It's beyond ridiculous. For a team oriented tournament, I don't see a problem with it until there are teams with 5 sci officers on them, and that ain't makin' it. Put a team with a max of 1-2 sci officers (as they are now) and I can live with it.

And, whether you're hitting 1,2,1 with a bat'leth, you're doing the same thing with any of the other skills too bud, some of them are just grossly overpowered. You know, like VM and SNB in space.