View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Suddenly Completely Unplayable
03-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Ever since the past couple of patches, the game has gone from excellent to completely tanking graphics wise.

I get huge amounts of rubber-banding, rubber-banding on steroids basically to where my ship or character will snap back to its former location several times a second, constantly, rendering it completely out of my control even as things around me continue to act. (Often meaning that my ship is defenseless and is destroyed in a matter of seconds.)

If that wasn't enough, even when that's not happening the framerate has suddenly dropped enormously.

I can't see how it could be an issue on my side. I've got a quad core CPU with eight gigs of DDR3 RAM and an NVidia 9400 GFX card, and, as I said, it was performing beautifully up until the past couple of patches when suddenly this started to happen, without my having altered anything. And nothing I do seems to stop it. I've tried messing with the video settings many times, even setting them at the lowest settings and I still get the exact same problem. I've ensured nothing else is running in the background and still, same problem no matter what. It essentially renders the game unplayable, and I am completely baffled by what could be causing it.