Thread: FvK... sucks
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Admiral 5 and BG 5 here and I too have never even once seen this. STO urban myth I suspect. Most players are like hyperactive adolescents (hmmm... maybe because.... never mind) and I doubt many have the patience to just sit there doing nothing for an extended period of time.

However I have occasionally entered arena maps, flown around and after a couple minutes of not finding anyone, just left the map.
Highlight for emphasis as to why I don't believe those tales about Klingons sitting in cloak for like 20-45 something minutes. I've sat cloaked for a few minutes to see if more Klingons arrive, and leave if it doesn't happen. For a Klingon to sit around for that length of time as people "say" is ridiculous. The que time waits for a KDF player are much shorter than a Fed, and he can get in a good number of competitive (i.e. real back and forth fighting) matches for more rewards instead of sitting around for an hour.

Those "long waits" people complain about were probably like my examples... waiting a few minutes by the Klingons until evened out, but impatient Fed players exaggerate it by x10 or more.