View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28 CS Champions Online
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Late last night after using up my trial, I figured I would go ahead and use the retail code. I found it odd that you would ask for credit card information and a subscription plan at that moment. I tried to exit out but it wouldn't budge. So I went ahead and put in my credit card information anyways.

Well the credit card is actually shared between my Mom and I. She gets a phone call from the credit card fraud alert team and starts asking me what this is all about. I told her I didn't know and I had to retrace my steps. She asked what the charge was for... CS Champions? I had no clue what that meant. She continues to tell me its for Hobbygames? Really? What is that? Well, she didn't want to wait (thinking it was some guy going to start charging thousands of dollars) and put a stop to the card.

We finally figured out exactly what it was, but why did this happen? There could have been a few things you could have done to avoid this. I guess my question is: Will this affect my credit card any? I guess I'll just have to find out later.