View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 41
03-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Count me as a person with a fading interest in this game, when I see crap like this : http://www.startrekonline.com/survey_one_results

They're going to waste their time on crap that offers nothing to the game or gameplay .
You mean you didn't sign up to play Starfleet Sims?

Pfeh, neither did I, but I've also since realized that this fact places us - players who are interested in combat dynamics as gameplay - squarely in the minority. Assuming that the survey results are accurate, the top three "Desired Gameplay Features" are not actually gameplay features at all - they are cosmetic (ship interiors, bridges, First Contact).

PvP shows up as an unpopular feature overall (13% think it's the worst, 2% think it's the best), and I've lost just enough faith in Cryptic to believe that they'll think people rated it low because they dislike PvP, not that they dislike the current state of PvP.

Long story short, if you do not view bridge officer dress-up as an enjoyable use of your time, you should indeed unsubscribe, as your idea of a good MMO clearly will not coincide with Cryptic's.