View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
the only problem i have with deep space 9 is the lacking in details... a few blank walls and such. its particularly noticeable in the ops area.

and a lot of environments have a lot of similar features such as ramps. and those raised platforms seem to be universal across every race. every race should have significant differences in their interior setups, not subtle differences in coloring, but architectural differences too. i will agree, though, that ds9 does break away from the mold a lot better than others, which shows promise.
IN most games I have worked on, in order for animations to work right, the inclines need to be 2 to 1. So ramps and stairs 8 feet long and 4 feet high. That might be steeper in this game, I don't know. However ramps and stairs are really the only way to go since making ladders work is tough and in this game, elevators are instance portals. If they had figured out how to move characters on elevators they might have been able to jazz it up a bit more, but its a hard task. The only game I saw that did it well was WoW.