View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndica View Post
The problem that I have with that is what we currently have now is not a pve faction and a pvp faction. We have a fully fleshed out faction that has access to all areas of the game, including Fed vs. Fed pvp with the new update. The other faction is only monster play. The current pvp set up does very little to attract that "hardcore" base, as most of them, I would imagine, want some kind of persistent pvp. I don't think I've even seen a "hardcore pvper" proclaim their love for only instanced pvp. If Cryptic was really serious about making the Klingons the pvp faction then they need to put in persistent pvp zones, where pvp happens without a queue and a loading screen into a closed off battleground.

The only thing that I see is that Cryptic panicked when February was getting near and they had no content for the Klingons. So the easiest thing to do, without a release delay, was label them as the pvp faction and put together a few battlegrounds.
I know what you mean about instanced PvP. I don't care for the waiting myself, I am used to the PvP Zones in SWG, that are always there. You just cross a line, and you're overt. But, like I've been stating multiple times, they wanted to get STO out there, like you said... and they're not totally done with everything. People are going "END OF THE GAME!! AHHH"

Its been what? A month since it was released...?

CALM

DOWN