View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
I don't view discussion as an attack on anybody, but I do view the OP's whining as an attack on our collective dignity as a playerbase. :p
Any CUSTOMERS that are willing to pay full price for 3rd rate treatment have no dignity. Cryptic is taking OUR money but not giving us fair value. They fail to make good on their promises - of a full-fledged faction, of a Joined Trill available to Klingons, of other things. In their first update they devote the vast majority of it to the Federation and hand out bread crumbs to the "other faction". Yet Klingon players are charged exactly the same monthly fee - and some will continue to pay.

Quote:
I'm not saying posters aren't correct. I'm saying that wailing resignation doesn't represent the collective whole. In reality, I'd estimate that the vast majority of Klingon players already left some time ago - more precisely, put the game "on hold" while waiting for some improvement. It's not all that different from the trend on the Federation side.
I don't think you can put your account "on hold." From what I've seen on these forums the account is erased, so when you come back you must start over from scratch, and your special items from the pre-buy will probably never be seen again. I may be wrong, and plan to call customer support to find out.

Quote:
My point? The milk is spilled. No point in crying, and please don't try to suck it out of the rug. Instead, STO's population seems to be collectively promising something no MMO to date has ever had: a second chance. Most of the leavers are saying "I'll check back in 3 months because I see this game has potential" rather than "This game is doomed."
My point is that Cryptic is taking advantage of their Klingon faction CUSTOMERS by charging them for full content, but not delivering. It will take more than 3 months for Cryptic to fix what is "wrong" but the message they sent with update #1, and what they are saying is in store for the future, is that they don't have a clue how to fix what is important to Klingons (or they don't care). The Klingon faction (STO in general?) is Humpty Dumpty and Cryptic will never any time soon put it together again. Yes, many smart Klingons have already voted with their feet, they have in fact surrendered to Cryptic.

Quote:
That's why my last comment was, instead of this foolishness, what ARE the Klingon community's demands, and what are our justifications for the resource allocation?
Getting the Klingon Fleets to band together and form a High Council was half-hearted humor. But that is the only way I can see the Klingon community getting a unified voice. Our first demand should be for equal value of services delivered by Cryptic or a reduced price for reduced services delivered. What is the first priority of work - I'd say consentual all-tier open KvF PvP areas with a mechanism to prevent more than a 2:1 disparity in numbers. Meanwhile the "art department" can start delivering Klingon character and ship customization. They could also clean up some of the embarrasing instances of their Fedcentricism - like having scewed up screen shots under the Klingon Faction description. Go here and check it out: http://www.startrekonline.com/factions If I were Cryptic I'd be embarrased by that.

Quote:
Yes, but I think that consolidating demands is the only way we'll get anything we care about. A small fraction of the population gets a correspondingly small fraction of the resource pie. If Cryptic is to follow through on their promise to deliver "what players want", doesn't it make the most sense for the players to take some initiative in expressing what they want?
Glad to see we agree. But who speaks with authority for the Klingon faction? Cryptic makes "promises" but they haven't been doing a good job living up to them, or coming clean about why they have not. I've seen a glaring lack of any reasonable attempt to communicat with Klingon players. The last "Ask Cryptic" about Klingons was a fraking joke. Why aren't they on THIS forum and IRC?