View Single Post
Lt. Commander
I played for a couple of hours watching as we all tried to beam the thing to death...
I tried to take care of the shards best I could, but the creature never really stayed below 50% before it replenished itself back up to 75-80%.
So I replaced my 4 dual-beams on my Assault Cruiser with 2 Quantum Torpedoes and 1 Plasma (Xuncommon) and 1 Chroniton Flux (VIIIrare)
and replaced my 3 tactical beam weapon bonuses (+65) with 2-+21 Torpedo boosters and a +18 Chroniton Flux Torpedo booster.
I also installed some hull and crew boost Engineering consoles...
I left my 3 beams on the back (unused here) and replace the rear torpedo with a Tetryon Turret (Xuncommon)

I then flew in to within firing distance and stopped then started firing...
My turret was on autofire...
I was constantly firing torpedoes at it, boosting the yield whenever possible
hitting Aceton Field
hitting scramble sensors (boosted by science console sensor probes & deflector sensors)
hitting jam sensors (boosted by deflector Sensor Array and sensors)

The Entity virtually sent NO shards at me, so I shot without worries.
The Entity hit me with a beam occasionally, but Scramble and Jam sensors got rid of them.
...as I watched the Entity drop below 30% for the 1st time in hours
...after recovering from a few errors,
like: slipping out of range and not realizing it...getting too close to the entity or it's exploding shards (not meant for me), or not paying attention to my hull, or my Engineering Team II button not responding(?!?)
...I finally settled in and shot and shot and stayed in range and watched as FINALLY the Entity dropped below 20%, then 10%, then countdown to victory.

SO, EVERYBODY, bring your torpedoes, your best torpedo boosting consoles, your turrets (although they might get it's attention if you use multiple ones) and WHUP IT'S BUTT.

LEAVE YOUR MINES AT HOME.

IT SEEMS OBVIOUS THAT THE ENTITY KEYS IN ON ENERGY WEAPONS, WHILE THE ENTITY CAN'T TRACE TORPEDOES BACK TO YOUR SHIP TO TARGET YOU WITH IT'S SHARDS.

I AM SURE THIS IS WHAT DID IT...AND IT DIDN'T TAKE ALL THAT LONG, OTHERWISE THE FIGHT WILL NEVER END AND YOU WILL NEVER WIN.

GOOD LUCK