View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I might have to actually check out the explore missions. I did exactly one exploration mission on the Fed side when I first got it at level 4 or whatever, but it was boring as crap and not related to any sort of story, so I haven't done any since.

At one system I flew around and collected anomalies, at one I flew around and scanned asteroids, and at another I beamed down and scanned plants or something with a tricorder. And then there's all the time I spent flying around the star cluster, checking out every sensor reading and finding that most of them were just anomalies. I guess I got unlucky or something, but that mission was dull enough to put exploration into the "never again" category.

I was a little miffed when I found out that "Klingon PvE" was going to be the one type of PvE I avoid like the plague Fed side. But from what you guys are saying I might have to check it out. It seems like I was just randomly given the dullest missions possible when I tried them before.

I'd still rather have patrols or actual story missions. Patrols still have some dull parts, but at least you don't have to waste time checking out sensor contacts that turn out to be nothing first.