View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Aw come on...really? I should have to activate a 8 sec Brace for Impact defense before the torpedoes are launched? Why is being smart about the use of my defense consider unacceptable? Why shouldnt I be able to alert my crew to brace for impact after the torpedoes have been launched and prior to impact?

Why should I take damage from a torpedo that wasntg even visible because I sped away, and then fine that Ive taken damage from it before it even draws in or shortly after it draws in on my screen way out in the distance?

Thats like saying, "to defend against FBP is to stop firing your beams before you see the blue glow on the target ship".
if you read my post properly you will see that I state if defensive use when you see the torp incoming. Of course any smart that is the word you used isn't it Captain would shoot them down. It's not hard to do and it's a one shot kill. Of course if you have no situational awareness and don't see them coming thats your fault.
What it sounds like is that for some reason you are suffering from lag so that they hit and do damage before you actually see them. That may or may not be a problem at your end because I can't remember the last time I had lag and I'm in the UK.