View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Been there, seen that. I always get screwed over by US only deals. STO pre-order beta keys arrive in Canada half way through the beta. Then they did not have the Canadian SE boxes in the day it came out.

I think the US is still ****ed about 1812 to be honest. heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Actually it's not Bioware's or EA's fault. The real fault lies with the lawyers and politicians in the various countries who have chosen to make the laws so complex, difficult and arcane that American companies literally cannot afford to take the time to decode them.

If people in other countries would like to stop being excluded from these U.S. based contests then they should pressure their politicians to rewrite and simplify the existing laws.

But of course that would be a reasonable course of action, something the internet people aren't exactly well known for. Also, it's easier to just blame the evil American corporation than it is to imagine that the fault might possibly lie with anything in your own country.
To this I state that the US and Canada have a complete open trade agreement with almost identical product, importation, and exportation laws. Why am I not included?