View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't think the Borg should ever be playable.

If you are going to add playable factions, add Cardasians, Romulans, or a Gamma quadrant race from the worm hole.

But the Borg are more computers than human.

the Borg would be boring because they walk everywhere. they never run, and they use superior numbers to overwhelm and assimilate. being a drone is better left to an AI, than people who have aggressive tendencies.

I can just imagine it...

- A Borg cube appears from trans warp in front of your ship -

-The cube hails you and says's "Hey Newbs, I Pwn U Now" -

... the borg are predictable, they always say in that multi voice, "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.", or "We are the Borg, You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

and I hope they do put an audio in there when the borg cube captures you in the tracter beam and opens that hail.

but siriously, how could any trek fan, or a game that claims to follow trek caanon, allow human players to play the borg as a faction.

( though I could be becomeing assimilated once, in a rare limeted mission, that allows you to play as a drone for a short piriod of time, and come out of the mission with "borg" advantages)

other than that, the interview sounds good, and I love the idea of time travel.

-Curiouse- I wonder, will you be able to say travel to san fransisco in the 1990's, or other 20th centry times like almost every captain in all the shows have.

thats my rant.