View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
The pro players in your example started as the guys in the park. They pushed a little harder, corrected their errors, brushed off their defeats, and learned a little more.

Perhaps, there is something you could learn from that yourself. There is the chance that you could be far better at this than you give yourself credit for. It's possible those you team with could do the same.

Even from a purely fan perspective, the characters of the franchise were thrust into a variety of bad situations. They grew, they adapted, they learned their ships, and crews like the back of their hand. Players doing so would eventually get better.

Khan never gave Kirk a time out, nor did the Borg do so for Picard. I honestly think the player base can adapt to these kinds of things just like they do in every other game.

***Last note: the team of five casual friends can meet another team of five casual friends and create a match. It can be done completely on YOUR terms and can be limited to YOUR friends only.

You get all the same rewards as you would from a standard match. It's a cool tool very few people use.***

I understand what you are saying. Don't agree with all of it, but you have some good points.

I am talking about options. There are good pug players too. A challenge is one thing, but almost no pug can beat a coordinated premade on voice chat. That is why the separation has to be made.