View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-15-2010, 03:46 AM
After nearly 6 hours of playing, my group (consisting of Liberated Borg), managed to defeat Donatra and save the day.

Part 1: This was a challange, but we managed to succeed with only 4 Probes making it through the gate. Destroying the cubes in the gate really helped.

Part 2: Too easy. Be nice if the Borg were moving towards a goal, where you have to intercept them.

Part 3: Beaming down to the city, it would be nice if we had to travel to the cave, else its wasting the zone.

The Borg Complex, this really ****ed us all off and was really disappointed in Cryptic. Because the layout was practically rehash of the mines we had missions with in the lower tiers. And the Borg were insanely tough. And there was a ton of them that we were dying left and right. Some people were getting killed in 2 shots.

Frankly, this zone is nothing but zerging and nobody enjoyed it. We all joked around that if Death Penalty was implemented, we all would be Ensigns again.

But Cryptic, I'm disappointed that you can't think of anything beyind Zerg Tactics. Lets get some interesting situations going okay?

Now what really ****ed us all off the most was after we dropped the Power nodes, how there was literally hundreds of Borg, zerging us. Not only that, our respawn was reset to the beginning of the complex, along with the Borg. Which made it near impossible to get to the Boss.

After painstakingly clearing all those borg, again, we got to the boss and them zerging us out of the room. (Geez, Borg Zer, Player Zerg! This is the mainstay of STO gameplay - Zerging. We Zerg in Infected, We Zerg in Cure, and We Zerg here! I probably died more times doing Part 3 than I did in 10 years of MMOs!

Part 4: Easy

Part 5: Easy

Storyline: Its good, I give it a B+. Though I like to know how Donatra went from Iconia to becoming a Borg.

Gameplay: An F. This zone is still buggy, and the Zerging is just too stupid. Guaranteed, players are not going to repeat this mission. They will do Cure or Infected.

BTW, Nobody has found the Borg BO, but yet we all unlocked the Assimilation Acolade. So nice Cryptic was pulling our leg in promise of a new and unique Borg BO.