Khitomar Accord Hints.
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
04-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by
Did you try the updated tactics I posted tonight? That worked wonders for us and actually made it easy. We breezed through it no problem.!
As I stated we used the hints and tips... if you combine the information about the first space mission you get something like this:
Primary objectiv: Prevent Probes to get to the temporal Center Gate.
Secondary objective: Destroy Transwarp Gates.
Finally: Destroy all Borg.
“Left Gate”; transwarp gate
“Center Gate”; temporal gate
“Right Gate”; transwarp gate
Tactics - Roll The Dice
Two teams as follows:
Team Left: 1 excort ship (highest DPS) by the Left Gate.
Team Right: 4 ships by the Right Gate.
Need one designated timer: the whole event is on a 3 minute timer; after three minutes have passed the shields will drop and reinforcement Borg will come through the gates.
The shield stays down for 15 seconds.
One player will track this 3 minute cycle and warn everyone.
Assault (Both teams)
- Kill initial group of borg at the Center Gate
- [Edited] OPTION: THIS IS NO LONGER AN OPTION BUT COMON SENCE BUT LEAVE THE TACTICAL CUBE FOR LAST. THE 3 MINUTE TIMER STARTS WHEN THIS LAST CUBE IS KILLED MEANING THAT THE SHIELDS ON THE GATE DROP AND THE BORG SHIPS COME BEFORE THE CUBE ACTUALLY EXPLODES (as we all know a Cube does not explode right away).
(I think that the timer will start as soon you kill the last remaining Borg ship what ever kind of ship it may be; done this a few times now and it works like a charm)
Pull the Borg Tactical Cube close to the
(not the left, cuz the Right Gate is nearest the Center Gate); it will take a big % from the gate and will explode among its own Borg ships and take all or most of them down in the explosion. Its important not to pull the Cube against the gate it self cuz you could get the situation that it cant be attacked; remember the ships stuck in rocks in some past missions? Do not attack it from behind the gate either as not to unintentionaly pull it to that side of the gate.
When the Cube explodes the timer starts this means that there are also Borg ships that have come out of the Left Gate. Since the timer just started all the ships can take part in this Left Gate cleanup and still have enough time left to take their positions again at the Right Gate. Offcourse AFTER the shields at the Right Gate have raise again and there are no probes there.
TO TEST: pull the second Cube to the other gate keeping it alive and synchronize its destruction with the Tactical Cube. Then you get both gates and ships in one go, you never know
- Will position themselves behind the gate as not to immediatly aggro Spheres when they come through. This only applies after the Cube tactic mentioned above.
- (Option) Who has mines deploys them at the Borg gate spawn or the direct path to the Center Gate.
- Will fire on the gate when its shields drop, to try and do as much damage as they can before the shields raise.
- Once the shields raise they will fly through the gate and destroy all the borg that came out...
- ... starting with the probes and ignoring the spheres for now.
- Full impulse to help Team Left... Probes First.
- Once they have helped or when the timer calls for it, full impulse back to Right Gate and regroup.
- Repeat this tactic until the gate is dead.
- Will stay on target and not leave the Left Gate.
- Will position himself behind the gate as not to immediatly aggro Spheres when they come through.
- Will fire on the gate...
- Who has mines deploys them in the path from the Left gate to the center gate.
- As there is only one he will need to target the Borg that come out immediately.
- Again as above, probes first, spheres last with buffs to confuse spheres and keep you protected from them.
- Remember the Cavalry will come to the rescue and will clear anything that is still left, so keep at it.
- NOTE: you are alone so its very important not to engage the Spheres until the Probes are dead.
Final Assault Left Gate
- Now once that is done, some cubes will arrive in the next group.
- Both Teams should group up by the Left Gate
- Take out ONE of the cubes, but not the second (if you kill both cubes they will just respawn and this makes things alot more tricky).
- One of the group (probably low DPS sci or cruiser) should get aggro off the remaining cube
(by being the only person shooting at it) and then drag it well away from the gate so that it doesn't bother the other members of the team.
- Remaining team 4/5, will fire on the gate when its shields drop, to try and do as much damage as they can before the shields raise. Kill the Probes first then the Spheres.
- Repeat this tactic until the gate is dead.
- Final Cleanup: Kill the last Cube.