View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 05:14 AM
The toolbar setup for Combat Supply seems a bit wonky. It appears that the icons that appear whenever the ability is triggered are NOT always the same three... but different copies of those three icons. You need to get your bar set up so that each potential copy of an icon gets assigned to its proper slot.

Upshot: You need to drag the items from the power listing to your tray multiple times to get it set up right, but they DO "stick" eventually.

I can attest to this personally, having used Combat Supply several hundred times over the past week or so in Infected/The Cure (The Breach Engineer PermaDrone + Mortar + Spammable allied Shield Recharge setup is a very handy combo even without the free skittles from Combat Supply). The three icons always appear in the same place for me now - slot 6 for Hypo, 7 for Shield and 8 for Power Cell on my second row of ground abilities.

I assume that this has something to do with the "chance" nature of Combat Supply; depending on luck (and possibly invested skill levels) you can get a Hypo, a Hypo and a Shield, a Hypo and a Power Cell, or a Hypo and a Shield and a Power Cell. It's not inconcievable that each of those combinations be coded with seperate icons, and "copies" of each combo may even appear multiple times.