Thread: Federation PvP
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
if they gave me every ground skill for free, gave me a full set of blue gear i would still not do ground
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleague.

I rarely do the ground missions not because of a lack of rewards but because compared to the slick and visually interesting space combat, away teams feel like a 5 year old game. No cover, no tactics, just stand in the open and spam the abilities, zerg and re-spawn as needed... and the immersion breaking AI's antics are the final straw...

1. send one person running though the middle of your party to shoot at you from behind... presumably to draw attention to the unbelievable lameness of the combat dynamics. "This sure ain't Mass Effect," that little voice says in your ear.

2. send a swordmaster to run up to you and blast away at you right in your face, just standing toe to toe with you and shooting to remarkably little effect with those disruptor pistols... also presumably to draw attention to the unbelievable lameness of the combat dynamics. "It really REALLY ain't Mass Effect," that little voice says in your ear again.

I rarely do the ground battles and it ain't about rewards