View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
the issues with the shadows i have had with my nvidia 9800gtx 1gb card as well drivers don't seem to make a difference.

altho i think its more of a lighting or loading issue on some of the maps with rooms. as ihave stood by a room where it nothing is light i just moved the camera angle a bit then everything appears fine and move the camera angle back to default its still fine after everything appears. this doesn't happen all the time either it appears to be happening at random.

with the ships i have noticed the weirdness mainly in asteroid fields it as if the light isn't being blocked by th eobjects correctly making the shadows have weird patterns to them on the hull like lines ans sometimes like the ship flying under a chain link fence the sun or light sources is shining thru versus an asteroid. basically casting a shadow of a different object than whats suppose to be is the best way to describe it. i don't get these effect all the time as they also seem to happen at random since launch .