View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 981
05-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Where to being.

USS Taft - Miranda Class - Named after President Taft because he rarely gets much mention.

USS Excalibur - Constitution Class - Origionally pulled from the Star Trek Technical manual. This is the Ship I used to dream about commanding when I was a kid and most of my teen years. Kirk and Picard had the Enterprise. I had the Excalibur. Tickled me when New Frontier started using it. Might be the main reason I liked that series so much.

USS Columbus - Horizon Class - In my game I gave this an NX number and decided it was a prototype science vessel. Columbus class would be its techincal class. Named after Christopher Columbus because it was supposed to discover new worlds.

USS Carthage - Stargazer Class - I hit random several times until I saw a name I liked.

USS Elysium - Galaxy Class - Pulled from Dungeons and dragons. Elysium was one of the Good outter planes. Sort of a heaven of sorts. Like the name.

USS Gemini - Intrepid Class - Named after the probe. Inspired from USS Voyager. Her sister ship.

USS Excalibur - Sovereign Class - I decided this ship would be the replacment for the Constitution class since I thought I would be using it for a long time. renamed the Constitution USS Northview.

Second playthrough

USS Northview - Miranda Class - Named after my High School

Planned ships

USS Iapetus - Nova Class - Named after the moon of Saturn. First heard it while playing Solarquest and I like the sound of the name.

*USS Columbus - Horizon Class - In my game I gave this an NX number and decided it was a prototype science vessel. Columbus class would be its techincal class. Named after Christopher Columbus because it was supposed to discover new worlds.

*USS Gemini - Intrepid Class - Named after the probe. Inspired from USS Voyager. Her sister ship.

*Those last two are repeats from my first playthrough. I never really played them when I got them the first time through. I had intended to go science after playing as the USS Excalibur but I liked Cruisers so much I couldn't tear myself away. I'd try science and go back. This time through I intend to play them much more.

Ships the game won't let me rename

USS Wabash - Danaube class runabout - Named after the main river in my part of the state.