View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I need to make sure it is my PSU first. I have my brother, who is a computer consultant and network administrator, coming over to check it soon. All I know is that I was playing STO earlier when I had a power outage (I do have a powerstrip/surge protector). I flipped the breakers back on, went up and tried to turn the computer back on, only to find that it wouldn't cut on. I turned the PSU off and back on, unplugged and replugged all the cord both in and out of the case, but it still won't cut on. I'm getting him to check and make sure the PSU is fried, and that it didn't fry the motherboard as well. I still need to dig up the paperwork and see if the warranty is still good as well. If I need one, I'll let you know.

It just really annoys me as I only have so much money, and my XBOX 360 bit the dust, so I need to get a new one to play the Halo Reach beta that started today. Now this happens, and I don't know if I'll have enough to fix both. Hopefully, I missed something, and the PSU is fine.
You should be able to send the 360 back to MS to get checked out though. If out of warranty they may charge like $100 to repair it depending on the issue. Surge protector wouldn't save you in a brownout though which is probably what happened just before the actual power outage.